Rent or buy a Phuket villa, Condo or apartment - We only represent the best

Legals

Can Foreigners Own Land in Thailand?
Foreigners are not allowed to own land.

Long-Term Leaseholds for Phuket Property
Thailand property investors often use a pre-registered, 30 year lease to secure property. The longest a single lease can be registered in Thailand is 30 years, but you can pre-register 3 consecutive 30 year leases at once, which essentially provides a 90 year lease. Normally there is a provision written into the leasehold agreement that allows you to register another 30 year lease once the previous lease has expired. In effect, this provides a lease in perpetuity.

Some developers pass the freehold to the individual lessees once the entire development is sold out. Lessees then own an equal share in the freeholds so that they, in effect, become their own landlords.

Special Rules for Condominiums
Thailand has a “Freehold Condominium” law that makes it easier for foreigners to own a condominium. Under this law, 49% of the condominium development may be sold outright to foreigners and Thai owners hold the remaining 51%.

Sign Up for Offers
Property ID Search
ADVANCE SEARCH
FreeCurrencyRates.com
The details & information about the properties listed
on this website are subject to change without prior notice
Copyright phuket-tropical-realestate.com ©2020
Phuket Tropical Realestate
24/1 Moo 1 Srisoonthorn Road, Cherng Talay, Thalang, Phuket, Thailand 83110
Tel: +66-76-510-954 , Fax: +66-76-510-951